Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Naked and Famous

I am a quite compulsive listenener of music: If i find a band or song i really like i am not ashamed to turn on autorepeat and listen to it over and over till I'm sick of it and can again move on with my life.

Recently i found the insanely underrated NZ Synthie Rock band The Naked and Famous and i haven't stopped listening to them for about two weeks. When we had to pull a three day coding spree to meet a deadline this week, i figured this is the end, they won't stay on my play list after this.
To my surprise i listened to them for basically 70 hours straight and they are still keeping me up writing this blog entry just so i have an excuse to stay awake and listen to them.

The single most impressive song is probably Spank. It has a driving rhythm matching driven lyrics. From all i can gather, they are writing about being the victim of abuse, giving me the chills thinking about it. What evil genius possessed them when they wrote it? I don't dare thinking about listening to it while running, this would push me to limits i don't want to go to.

This is the beginning of a long, awesome friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment