Friday, August 27, 2010

Communication fail

I had an interesting fail combination today. First of all the d-link dir 655 i just bought decided to reboot roughly once a minute on average. This was somewhat unsatisfactory since the WLAN reconnect of my macbook takes over 20 seconds :).

So I started phoning the hotline, the number of which i already had from the day before. Now the fun begins: My phone doesn't support tone dial but the hotline insists on being directed by those which the nice lady explains to me as slowly as she can so it costs me 50 cents just to listen to her telling me to do something I can't.

I figured I could just turn tone dialling on on my phone but it doesn't have that feature either (Why is this so hard?). My next try was googling for a tone dial sound generator applet on the internet (this one works btw: http://www.dsptutor.freeuk.com/dtmf/ToneGenerator.html) and holding the telephone microphone close to the pc speaker but then my ISP screwed the routing and internet was down as well. :(

Great Internet down -> phone down -> internet down. Don't you love modern times.

No comments:

Post a Comment