Saturday, July 7, 2012

Multiple \label error

Package amsmath Error: Multiple \label's: label 'important' will be lost

It took me over an hour because there were a couple of valid causes to this problem and i had a few hunches that were all completely off. This error was caused by an incredible amount of tiredness on my part and the fact that I, in my stupidity, added a label to a ...
tada... align* environment. If you ever have this problem, think about if your environment actually has a tag you can reference! 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, you saved time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idiocy, hahahahahaha. Awesome, dude, you just saved my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same problem, today...
    not because of \begin{align*} but as the equation was followed by \nonumber at the end.
    (I've deleted the second line of the equation and forgot to remove the \nonumber command)

    However, this blog entry somehow helped to show up the problem :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dude, saved my day (or at least its very end)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!!I'm tortured by this error several hours. You saved my life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Was completely lost, you saved me a lot of time

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so underrated, no one ever post this answer on tex exchange or so but it is such a easy trap

    ReplyDelete